Ducati 888 SP racing discs

Hi Thanks for that. The bike has 9050’s. I did look at swopping the legs. I think the discs above I have just bought off ebay they will give me the correct caliper to caliper measurment.

They are now remaking the magnesium streamline 3 spokes but the wheel width, disc to disc measurement is 105mm. I assume so you can use the more common 748R discs with 15mm offset. These wheels are 2K so I would be interested if you still have the contact details for the purpose made ones. Thanks Paul. That’s some diet your bikes been on!

Hi again Paul,

I bought my Marvic’s via HPS www.bikehps.com in the UK.
As I wanted something not on the usual grid this involved phone calls, e-mails and drawings sent through the post to check everything was as I wanted before flashing the cash and them being custom made. HPS were extremely helpful I give the guy who delt with me 10 out of 10. Marvic sent a selection of drawings for me to looked at/decide/OK.
I altered the dimensions on the drawings to those that I needed and the wheels came back to my spec’.

I run 9050’s with a 20mm spindle (usual 851 is 17mm) and PFM “QD” race discs with the same offset as the 888SP’s and not the same as 748R discs.
The rear is to fit a ST4S swinging arm modified to run a 851/888 suspension hoop, so the rear runs a 25mm spindle and needed a different offset to suit the arm. I also had Maxton’s customise my Ohlins rear shock shortening it by 1" fitting it with an alloy body and Maxton internals/spring. It still has the same amount of travel as the longer one.
The result is a 15mm longer swinging arm just like the later 888 CORSE bikes, that only a real Ducati rivet counter would notice. For a fraction of the cost of a genuine Corse item that are pretty much unobtainable.
Along with Mag’ Corse yokes/alloy stem with a 25mm offset my old nail now has perfect late 888 Corse geometry.
To get the correct chain run I fitted a 748 cluster (the same cluster as fitted to the SP/Corse motors) and output shaft, that moved the front sprocket out to match the ST arm and wheel.
As to the diet well the part that’s lost the most weight is my wallet/savings.

Steve R

These discs are for narrow hub wheels. I fitted them to my Mag Marvics before going to 5 spokes. I just made new caliper brackets.They are in a box somewhere!

b

Also I believe fitted to several Bimotas (incl my DB2!)

Thanks to everyone who gave input to the original inquiry. I’ve now sold the disc’s to a member but have yet to find a decent set of original Cast rotors for my 748SP? Anyone have some for sale?
Thanks in advance
Smiffy

I may have ?? I will send you some pics and see what you think .
Regards Brian

Uploading: 20200317_213842.jpg… Uploading: 20200317_213830.jpg… Uploading: 20200317_213808.jpg…

Uploading: 20200317_213803.jpg… Uploading: 20200317_213808.jpg…

Uploading: 20200317_213845.jpg…