1198 SP ECU

Hi, in the last week or so I’ve managed to purchase a half Termignoni silencer kit for my 1198SP. Obviously the kit comes with all the required bits and pieces including the ECU. This is where I fall short, as I’m a spanner and not electronic type. I’ve been told so many things about what can go wrong with the quick change gear shift if this isn’t set correctly. So, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction i.e. can I fit all of the kit and then just get the ECU tuned or is there even more to this than I’ve been told?

I have been quoted £260 approx to have the kit fully fitted and tuned by my local Ducati dealer, although I could travel to Bridgeport and have it done for £160 approx., which seems to be quite a difference.

Any advice?

Cheers

Keith

I’m also more in tune with spanners than sparks and software, but it may be worth a call to Rich Llewellyn at Louigi Moto way up North near Bristol. I’ve read and heard good things about him on here and elsewhere, but never used his services myself, as I’m another 200+ miles further North.

Steve

and to save me replying on the other thread,

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your club membership.

Steve,
Thanks for the info and I will keep it in mind for future reference.

Cheers

Keith