998gsb - Hello Everyone!

Hi all, i was a bit of an absentee member on the old forum but do pop in ocassionally…

Im speeding towards my late 30s, and started a love affair with Ducati when I was 19, drooling over 888s and 851s at Devils Bridge, and then being absolutely blitzed up the A686 Hartside Pass Road from Penrith to Alston by 916s, on my then CBR600 and later ZXR 750J2.

4 years ago, I finally realised a dream and bought a new 998s Final Edition - and me and “Sophia” (as in Loren - i.e. italian, sexy and beautiful - if a little temperamental) have never looked back. Im now officially a Ducati nut…and dont want to go back to rice burners ever!!!.

It took me a while to dial in to riding an L Twin, and I got very frustrated with it for a while, and then it all clicked!.

Since then, me and Sophia have been all over the place! - World Ducati Week in 2007, and WSBK at Magny Cours…as well as various BSB events and MotoGP. This year we’re going to Brno WSBK and Monza for her Holidays. There are handful of us going, and we have our mini ride out club - known as I Famosi Quattro…

Im good mates with Martyn E. and you may see me leading a few rideouts this year from Ducati Manchester. Im also a Moderator on Ducatisti.co.uk so Im sure a few of you will know from there…

Hope to meet a few more of you this year- Gav.

Greetings

Sophia was famous for having curves in all the right places - much like the 916 series.

Just as well you didn’t get a 999…

(ducks for cover)

Regards

Rob

999 is also beautiful and the race results speak for themselves, take the clothes off and they look pretty much the same…