999 clutch

i think i need a new clutch, can you tell me what is involved and how easy or not it is, do i need any special tools? thanks

If you just need a new set of plates (assuming it’s not a slipper clutch, I’ve never messed with one) then all you need is a set of allen keys.
Just take off the cover then un-do the 6 x pressure plate retaining screws and pull out the plates.
Make a note of what order the plates are in and which way round they are, and check with the manual how they go back in.
Clean the dust out of the basket and reassemble, (I think a little stud-lock is recommended on the 6 x pressure plate retainers)
I would also check the state of the outer basket in case it’s worn and needs replacing.
Kevin.

thanks kevin, i will give it a go very soon! dan

thanks kevin, i will give it a go very soon! dan

There is sometimes one disc with a dot on which should face outwards. As mentioned check in the manual which way they go in. People can put them in any old way so don’t assume what is in is correct. Is the clutch slipping or just noisy. The clutch tangs tend to wear making the noise, I tend to leave them in till I cannot stand the noise anymore or they are snagging on the edge of the basket. Sorry if stating the obvious. As they costly tend to change only if a problem. What is your problem?