April 2024 - Classic Bike Show

It might seem a long way away, but I have been working a special idea for the 2024 April Classic Bike Show. I already had a 1970’s theme in mind for 2023, but have moved this to 2024, along with some refinements.
Being the 50th anniversary of the club, the aim is to have on display the entire 1974 range of Ducatis available in the UK, so we show what was current the year the club was formed.
I have had plenty of success so far in sourcing the bikes, and already have all of the 750s (GT, Sport and SuperSport) and all of the MkIII and Desmo singles (25, 350 & 450). The last remaining set is Street Scramblers, so if you have one, I’d like to hear from you.
In fact, I would also like to hear from anyone who has any of the others as well. Relying on just one person to provide one specific bike is fraught with danger, and I have been let down at the last minute on several occasions over the last couple of years. Bikes get sold or stolen, owners emigrate, or life just gets in the way. This is not too much of an issue if you don’t have a specific need, but for 2024 it will be VITAL to have every one of the entire model range.
I would therefore like to have a “plan B” with a “reserves” list ready to step in if required.
So…if you have any of the 1974 range in your posession, and it’s good enough to be on display, then please get in touch as soon as possible so I can be prepared.
There’s 18 months to go, so even if yours is “almost ready” but should be by April 2024, let me know.
Use staffs@docgb.net or call me on 01889 804564

Further to the above, as we start the final prep for the April 2024 show, things are progressing well. The theme of the stand is “Welcome to 1974” and we will have (I am expecting) the whole of the 1974 range on display.
We have a big hall of our own to fill, and can therefore get multiple examples of every bike in. Right now I have at least one of everything other than a 450 Mk3 and a 350 Street Scrambler, so volunteers with either of those will be hugely welcomed.
There are also a couple of others I am relying on only one of, so anyone with a 450 Scrambler or 450 Desmo, please get in touch.
In fact, there is still room for a couple more of anything, so if you have any of the bikes noted above or in the previous post available, please give me a call.
Even if yours is “almost ready” but should be by April, let me know.
Use staffs@docgb.net or call me on 01889 804564
Thanks.
Spaggy
staffs@docgb.net

It is now running very late, but I have been let down at the last minute for the only 350 Street Scrambler I was expecting. If you have one or know of one, please contact me urgently on 01889 804564 to talk. Thanks