At last..nice new pipes on the 900Sie

After umming and ahhing for ages, I finally got a new set of Rex (was Sil Moto) Conical Megaphone silencer from Spareshack to replace the heavy & painfully quite standard ones.
Good service as Joe said they would take 10 days, but actually turned up in 6!
I went mad and paid the extra £144 for the carbon fibre ones as they match the carbon on the rest of the bike, not sure it was worth it as it looks to me as if the carbon is just slipped over the standard stainless ones, which would actually make them heavier, but they do look cool, really they do?
Bit a fiddle to get them to line up, and I still can’t see why but after a bit of bracket filing they’re on.
They came with fairly tacky metalised stickers, so they came off as they looked like they were going to last about a week anyway.
They are sooo much lighter than the originals, I recon over half the weight!
The 3 inch baffles came straight out, and didn’t seem to make much of a difference ,but I very pleased with the sound, nice and deep, and not offensive, (really officer!)
Be seeing you…
Kevin.

brilliant, and about time :wink:
i saw these at malvern and they really do look and sound great :smiley: .

Being behind it last week end yes they do sound fruity !!

Yea, I love em, dropped it getting off the paddock stand yesterday and broke the right hand carbon heel guard, :cry: looked a bit odd with the new pipes anyway…
Did you get the mail about Wolves Ducati & the Stafford show?

Yea, I love em, dropped it getting off the paddock stand yesterday and broke the right hand carbon heel guard, :cry: looked a bit odd with the new pipes anyway…new pipes survived though phew!
Did you get the mail about Wolves Ducati & the Stafford show?