Been a Ducatisti for a while.................

But only just joined DOCGB :slight_smile:

Welcome and thanks for joining

Welcome to the club El Toro.
Kevin.

[size=150]Welcome to the club.[/size]

ā€¦ and welcome from me

ā€¦and donā€™t forget to join your local Branch, or to set one up.

:smiley:

My connection to DOC goes back nearly 40 years - bloody hell, itā€™s hard to realise itā€™s so long!!! - but Iā€™m not a club member now, just a member of this forum.

I live in Thailand now, far away from the tourist spots.

I joined DOC in about 1977 when I bought a new red & white Darmah when they first appeared on the scene. Since then, Iā€™ve owned (in no particular order) '78 900SS bevel, '78 Darmah Sport, '79 Hailwood Rep., '89 851, '74 239 Desmo and a '64 250 Daytona, probably my favourite bike of all that Iā€™ve owned. There were also Hondas, a Suzuki, a Morini, a Sunbeam, a BMW (terrible machine!) and my last UK bike, a Triumph 675 Daytona.

I think I finally quit DOC membership in about 2007 & came to Thailand in 2009.

Iā€™ve been Membership Sec. and Tool Hire Sec. at some time. Helped set-up a Herts. & Essex Branch in about '78 and to resurrect it quite a few years later - maybe in '89 but not sure.

I knew a lot of DOC people but contact has now been lost with all of them and I doubt that many of them are still club members, although Iā€™m trying to re-establish contact with one who was a special friend.

Still ride a bike here but not a Ducati.

Just thought Iā€™d say ā€œHelloā€ and maybe Iā€™ll post a some ā€˜Tales from Thailandā€™ in the future.

So ā€œHelloā€ to any out there whose memory might be jogged so that they remember me from the description - not that I was ever particularly memorable!!

Ah, would you be Martin Littlebury by an chance? Iā€™ve been a DOC GB member since '76 ā€¦ and have been Secretary, Membership Secretary, Chair and Editor (several times!)

Yep, got it in one!

Jilly?

Iā€™ve tried to get mods. to move my post to its own thread - I put it here by mistake - but no response from them yet.