Bevel case saver

I have the engine out of the GT at present and before it goes back in I was wondering about fitting the Bevel Heaven kit.
The chain has been touching the case and I wondered if anyone else has fitted this and what they thought of ease of fitting/effectiveness etc or any other opinions or solutions.
Not using the bike is not a solution thanks! :wink: :laughing:

Hi,
I looked at the pictures of the Bevel Heaven case saver, then made my own using a KTM part,
instead of a solid block of plastic, that you have to turn through 90 degrees, when it wears, the KTM parts revolves on a sealed bearing. After a few thousand miles there’s little sign of wear, apparently they can last years on dirt bikes. The whole job cost me less than £15 and it works very well, that included the KTM roller, s/steel nut, bolt, washers and a spacer.
I did fit the Bevel Heaven swinging arm saver, that slides over the swinging arm pivot (after you remove the s/arm), this does the job of stopping the chain from carving it’s way through the swinging arm…
Both of these mods work and are worth while carrying out IMO.

Steve

Thanks Steve.
Did strike me that if it was mounted so as to rotate freely that would have made more sense.
Will investigate the KTM option. :slight_smile:

Is there a part no for the KTM part ?

Hi,
I’ll try and find out the KTM part number tomorrow.

Steve

Hi again,
The KTM part runs on two back-back 608RS sealed roller bearings, they have 2 different sizes of rubber tyre.
I used the smaller item but the larger one looks like it might be better.
The bearings can be bought from any bearing factors if they should wear out, as I’ve stated they’re said to last for years, my KTM mate tells me they generally only shag out if they’ve been blasted with a power/jet wash, as it blows away the sealed in grease.
My mate says he’ll look up the numbers tonight…
While I was in his workshop I looked at a new 250 Honda MotoX bike which had a similar roller on it, although pioneered by KTM they are fitted to most makes of off road bikes these days.
The Honda had one over and one under the swinging arm, to stop the chain flapping around.

Steve