Coventry MotoFest 2017

Hope this is fine to post here as my first post…

Hello everyone, i am one of the motorcycle organisers of the Coventry MotoFest, now that the latest show is over its time to start planning for the 2017 event. We hope to have more static bikes, more bikes on track, and more biking-related activities next year and for this we need the help of bikers like yourselves. We had over 125,000 people come down this year for the 2 day event which is immense considering this was only the 3rd year we have run the event, the national press loved it (see below), but then again we did have a £1.8m aston martin supercar, racing trucks, drift cars, formula cars, le mans racers, turbo drag bikes, classic 2-stroke GP racers, classic british bikes, modern-classic japanese bikes, the front end of an aircraft, wheelie machines, rides for the kids and our own specially brewed beer (the MotoFest Multigrade).

Press Reports
topgear.com/car-news/motorsp … est-2016#1
autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/9 … ofest-2016
coventrytelegraph.net/news/b … w-11430003
itv.com/news/central/update/ … -motofest/
motorcyclenews.com/news/2016 … wo-wheels/
motorbiketimes.com/news/moto … 386501.htm
bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/ne … 1gVrfkrJhE

Social Media
coventrymotofest.com/
twitter.com/CovMotoFest?ref_src … r%5Eauthor
facebook.com/coventrymotofest/

If you feel like taking part i will be your main contact (until we update the website to accept bike entries for 2017), start talking amongst yourselves about bringing a selection of bikes down between you all, our only stipulation is that to be part of the track or static display they need to be at least 20 years old in 2017 (i.e. need to be manufactured before 1997). Its free to enter the static display, and if you want to go on track thats free as well.

If you do wish to come down for a static display it would be good for you to nominate one respected forum/club member as a “team-leader”, i can contact them, and they can contact you…and vice versa.

Hope to see you down, ill keep updating this page as we get new information.

Coventry MotoFest 2017, 3rd-4th June 2017, 10am-6pm, Coventry town centre (Bull Yard for the bikes)

As for myself, ive been biking for almost 15 years, never owned a ducati though, currently own a 1989 fzr 1000 exup-r, 1993 zxr 400 L3 track bike, 1994 zxr 400 road bike, 1989 fzr 250 r exup and a 1999 malaguti 70cc racing scooter as well as 4 cars.

Might be an idea to email Fred Ellis editor@docgb.net so that I can include an outline of the event in ‘Desmo’

excellent idea, we are having our first official meeting at the end of the month, ill see if anything major has changed from the previous year and then send you all some info.

excellent, I’ll need the info for Desmo 228 by 1st November please. (editor@docgb.net)

Just a quick reminder for people, the event is on in under 5 months time, more info to follow soon…

As for the desmo magazine, ill get some pictures from last years event, some logos and send it through to you, been a bit busy with the christmas slowdown and then new years beginnings…plus ive only just finished stripping down my zxr400, its gotta be blasted, powdercoated, and fully rebuilt… :astonished:

More awards…

mipaa.co.uk/coventry-motofes … ward-2016/

Still waiting for the items for ‘Desmo’ …

ive just sent an email to the two email addresses you supplied, appologies for the delay please let me know if you require anything else, some better pictures etc…

John

Thank you, just received the one sent to me, and reading it :wink:

You may have heard about the proposals to bring motor racing back onto UK highways, we were part of the driving force behind it…we hope to have properly timed sprint races up and running next year or the year after:
coventrytelegraph.net/news/m … t-12884716

Bike places are starting to fill up, but we can always accomodate more people, sign up sheet is below:
coventrymotofest.com/get-involved/register-bike

Also i would like to say a big, big thankyou to Jilly for her hard work in including our event in this years desmo magazine!

Get On (geton.co.uk/) will be at the event, so if your older kids/partner want to try their hand at biking, in a safe environment, for free, bring them down and they can try their hand at being on two wheels!

We are pushing Ducati coventry to get involved like mad, just sorting out final details now…They have one of Loris Capirossi’s Desmo GP06 bikes in the shop…we are trying to get it on the ring road sprint circuit and see how many eardrums we can blow out :smiley:

Wow! Sounds excellent, I’m sure that many DOC GB members will attend

Event guides are here, and there is still time to register (coventrymotofest.com/get-involved/register-bike) if you want to bring your bikes down to show, or to put on the track:

sorry for the slightly small images, its the largest i can directly post, you can go here for larger images:

flic.kr/p/U7x6vq

Following a saturday morning meeting…i can confirm that this quiet unassuming, some would say ubiquitous bike will be appearing on the sprint circuit…

[/url]

:open_mouth:

Wow!! :astonished:

For those of you that didnt attend, here is a short video of what you missed from some of the bikes:
flic.kr/p/Vf4NTY

Ive got other videos of the MotoGP bike, ill upload them in the coming days, it was good, around 140,000 people down for a 2 day event is not too shabby :smiley:

excellent! And a review / photos for Desmo would be greatly appreciated! :wink: