DSC to fold?

I got my first Ducati in 1989,but lived in Germany and didn’t join any clubs.On my return to England in 1994 i joined the DOC and did my first trackday at Cadwell with them.I felt at the time that the club was very bevel/old school(not that there is anything wrong with them) and was not particularly 4 valve welcoming! I Heard about the DSC(not knowing about CB or anything untowaard) and joined the DSC.It was a fantastic club with fantastic people that catered for all my Ducati needs.VERY active forum,very knowledgeable people(as on here) and the trackdays were just the icing on the cake.

It was that good I let my DOC membership lapse over the last couple of years.

But,I saw what happening and have come back to the DOC fold.
CB has destroyed the DSC what with his complete Dictatorship and monetary irregularities,I’ve watched many good people be expelled,leave and watched the club decline to the Debacle that was this years trackday.

I really hope the DSC comes back strongly and I will give it my full support(without CB),BUT even if it does,I think that now is an ideal opportunity to recruit disillusioned members into the DOC. Now is an ideal time to show that the DOC is not fuddy-duddy and can cater for everyone.

The trackday can always go ahead if people want it(there are people on the DSC(WJB) who are prepared to underwrite it all via no limits.If the Dukes don’t fill it,it will be back filled with UJM’s).

I think it would be fantastic for the DOC to make the most of this opportunity.Just my thoughts of course.

Did you read the ‘British Ducati Weekend’ thread?

Hi Jasper,
Spot on thread mate!
It really hit the spot/telling it how a Ducati owner would have seen it back then but…
This club has never been about just the older models, a lot of us own them, as we’ve been around the Ducati scene/Ducati owners for some time.
As you know I also own a pair of 851/888’s alongside my '74 250 Desmo and my '79 900SS, I’d own a later model but they’re out of my price range…
Any sponsors who’d supply me with a later model please get in touch.

Steve R

Ditto! I really hope various DOC GB CoM members are reading this and taking note … :wink:

You got to laugh. It was not so long ago that some miss guided members approached me with a crazy plan to start a Classic Ducati club as they felt that the DOC only catered for the modern bikes!

Nothing in this world is perfect, but…

I’ve got modern and classic bikes and this club suits me just fine thanks!

Keef tells no lies here,
I was sat at the table alongside Keith when the idea of a Classic Ducati Bevel Club was put forwardthey’d obviously been thinking/talking about iot for some time.
It was in Port Erin at the TT, we were having breakfast at the cafe down on the beach.
The funny thing was that the guys putting this idea forward all owned more modern Ducati’s and only got into the old Bevels after meeting/seeing me, Bob and Martin rake the tits out of our old Bevels at various DOCGB club events/WDW2000.

Steve R

Just posted a WSB Silverstone stand, open to all !! Lets hope it happens and we have lots of bikes to show to none Ducatisti.

This is a fantastic opputunity, I have met many DSC members over the years and they are no different, some owning classics as well, we are for all bikes, as has been said depends who you speak with to what impression you get !!

Let us be careful about what we say as allegations are just that and we do not want to expose ourselves, our doors are open as well as our minds, anything is possible.

Had to snigger at the ‘expose ourselves’ :astonished:

Oi !!!

You first Jilly!

:unamused:

Looks like I’ve come a bit late to this subject. Blame it on too much to do and not enough time to spend forum-surfing.
However, it has prompted me to have another look at the DSC website, which I wanted to do for one particular reason, and that was to have a look at their club rules (or constitution). Interestingly, although there is a link to it from their website/forum, you can only access it if you are a member. So you only get to know the rules of the cub having paid your dosh already, Hmmmm.
I also had a look at their “mis”-management team, which allegedly comprises 11 members (though I understand that somehow 1 outvotes the other 10). Of the eleven positions, there are five vacancies, which seems to indicate a certain lack of enthusiasm to serve, and of the six positions filled, two are done by one person. I thought we had a problem because we haven’t been able to find a new Regalia Sec, needed for entirely unavoidable reasons.
If you take out their DesmoDue Manager and Track Day Organiser because it seems from previous posts that thet are effectively redundant (though I doubt they’ll get the statutory minimum payment!) that really leaves the club in the hands of just four people, and guess who has control of the money.
There is obviously a ground swell of opinion within the DSC for “regime change” (send in the Yanks - Bob!) as a look at http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/showthread.php?t=82742 will show. I think their short history has shown that they do have people capable of running a good club, and I echo earlier thoughts that the DOC should make some moves to try and get them to put that enthusiasm to work within a framework where they will be welcomed.
We have the resources to back the good ones, so I think we should make a concerted effort to get them to realise their ambition within the original Ducati Owners Club.
Job for most of the COM there then.

Some are joining but we are no sounding the fanfares, some people really enjoyed the club and are upset about the current situation, we cater for all Ducati owners, we know that, some of the new members are unaware as we are assumed to be the old boys club for old bikes, we have tried to throw this off for a long time now, it is working with the newer events we are doing.

As for track days Ducati UK will hopefully be doing a two dayer where we will have a big presence with tent and info etc etc if sponsors are found and we have trade stands it will be the British Ducati week end or couple of days. We saw this coming with track days a few years ago and glad we stopped doing them.