E. London - Multistrada 1200S

[size=150]Hello guys -
I have just joined this forum, and rejoined the DOC in 2011. Used to be a member (and committee member) back in the 1970’s and 80’s. Had a 1974 750SS greenframe (the one Mick Walker had from new) for several years, and a 160 Monza Junior. Bought a new SL500 Pantah in May 1980 from Steve Wynne; raced it, stroked and bored it to 750; still got the bike, currently part way through engine rebuild. Have run BMWs for several years, but my retirement present to myself was a new Multistrada 1200S in red, 1 March 2011, so back to Ducatis.

Getting used to the Mutley. Took it via Geneva to Bologna in July, toured the factory, back home via the Stelvio pass, the Zeppelin museum at Friedrichshaven, and the Black Forest. Also a trip to Mosel part of Germany & the Ardennes, including a couple of laps of the Nurburgring. On the autobahn, I find 140 is easy and comfortable, and legal. In October did a trackday at Bedford autodrome; will do some more in 2012 (starting with Snetterton 13 March). On the whole I’m very pleased and impressed. £15K well spent!

The London section needed an “organiser” because Bob Hartmann is absentee (away in USA), so have I agreed to be he. Meetings (2nd Wednesday each month at the Ship Inn, Wandsworth roundabout) are well attended and lively.
Best wishes,
Pete.

[/size]

Welcome back !! Sounds like a hell of a trip, I am sure Jilly would like it for Desmo