Festival of 1000 bikes

I did have all costs next to events and I did send it out, I will find and re send, I do not think we allocated anything though as it was not sure if we were doing it.

Ok, look forward to reading more about it :slight_smile:

Anything sorted yet? I would think that tickets for the event are selling fast

We did not allocate any costs against this event as we were not 100% if we were going to be in attendance, Colin has plenty of passes so far as not many people will be there with a bike or at least they have not come forward.
I am in touch with Colin on e mail trying to organise it.

ah right … :wink:

Yes, not many takers yet so there should be no need to buy any extra passes but enough people/bikes to put on a display.
£30 is a big saving on the cost that Joe Public would have to pay for a weekend ticket with camping but if anyone wants to go then get ion quick and it will cost you nowt to get in and camp for the week end, best to look on the VMCC web site to see whats on rather than me try to repeat it all here, I think the link is in an earlier post.
Colin.

Great stuff, I will be riding over Saturday morning, does anybody have spare room in a tent or anything ??

I may be able to bring my big tent as I will have the van, you can have a bedroom all to yourself as it has two!
The Paso would be a welcome addition to the display as well.
Colin.

Should also add that you need to be on site before 9.00 on Saturday morning to ensure access to the stand with a bike.
Colin.

That would be superb if that is possible, will be great to just strap sleep bag and pillow to bike, will bring Paso.

As of this morning all the free passes have been spoken for unless someone drops out.
Additional passes are £30 each to include the whole weekend with camping, that is already cheaper than Joe Public would pay for the same thing, so are any additional exhibitors going to have to:
A. stump up the £30
B. pay a smaller sum and the club pay the rest.
C. get in free as the club pays the lot.
D. Any other suggestions
I am quite happy to say first come first served, Desmo has been out a while so every one has had the same chance.
I will post the outcome on the main events section as soon as a decision is final.
Colin.

Sounds fair enough, Colin, everyone has been notified through Desmo and the Forum :slight_smile:

Absolutely, if you have enough for a display then job done and anybody else pays unless it is a bike that you really want for the stand.
I know we have been e mailing re costs and budgets and if you need a budget for the event then you only need to ask, it has to be agreed by the CoM of course.

See you there

agreed!

Bikes confirmed for the stand are:
1100 evo monster
paso
MHR
TT2
F1
696 monster
Top be confirmed:
900ss bevel or Hypermotard.

I have passes to cover all the above and no outstanding requests so will be posting out passes and details latter in the week.

Colin.

Sounds a good mix of Ducatis, well done Colin!

Yes, a great mix Colin, will be there early Sat am

Final thoughts.
We had a good pitch, on the left as people came through the main gate next to several other Italian clubs.
3 new members over the weekend but I would be suprised if there were not a half dozen more.
Lots of interest in the whole range of Ducatis and from the conversations that Alan had regarding TT2s there are quite a lot of them in the back of the shed/garage “not quite finished”.
£345.00 taken in regalia and tech lit, most of that was T shirts with the red retro shirt the most popular.
There were around half a dozen club members on the track over the weekend and at least one lapsed who will be rejoining.
Camping was pretty good, a touch tight but as everyone was so friendly it was not a problem.
All in all well worth the effort I think.
The only fly in the ointment might be the future of Mallory Park itself.
Colin.

A fantastic week end, nice to see members that I have never met before, lets hope it’s at Mallory again next year.

Pleased to hear it all went well! I’ve had some superb pics of the club stand and participating Ducatis sent to me, anyone volunteering to write about it for Desmo 210?