Hi from Scrumpyland!

Hi, I’m new to the DOC but not to Ducati’s, having owned and serviced them for the last 16 years or so. I’m based near Taunton in Somerset.

Besides my 900ss carby and my wife’s 600 Monster, I bought a 1959 175 TS single restoration project a few years back, with a view to fulfilling a long held dream of riding it in the Moto Giro d’Italia.

Long, long story short, it’s now ready and I’m starting to build up the miles on it this summer, ready to enter next year’s event. I’ starting to get used to a gear change on the ‘wrong’ side, although I still get caught out occasionally with the one up, three down heel and toe shift and have to consciously remind myself that the rear ‘brake’ is on the other side and both are little better than bicycle brakes :smile:

I’m a member of the Motoscrubs singles website, as well as the UK Ducati Forum, but it was suggested by Nigel Lacey that I join the DOC, as there are a few guys on here that do the Giro. I’m looking for any useful advice regarding entering but particularly with the most economical way to ship the bike out there. Do any of you guys share transport or anything?

Any advice most welcome!

1 Like