Hi from Standish

Just joined the Ducati Owners Club GB and thought I would say Hello.
Got My S4RS at the end of April this year and began riding it in the middle of May (due to insurance NCB). I’ve covered just over 1000 miles since then and loved every mile.
Never had a Ducati before, but fell in love with the looks at first sight. Wasn’t sure about the ride at first and wondered if I had made a mistake, but a thousand miles later I’m a happy bunny. Being used to bikes with more than two cylinders and less torque than the Monster, I had to alter my riding style, mainly by learning very quickly to change down without locking up the rear wheel - I had a couple of scary moments with that one :open_mouth:
Don’t know if anyone on here is familiar with my S4RS but she was loaned to Ducati in November last year and displayed on their stand at the NEC. I bought her from her previous owner who lives in Cheshire and she has been fitted with Termi’s and mapped to 150BHP. I’ve since then fitted some radiator protector grills and a short belly pan.
Noticed that there are meetings and rides out close to my location, which I would love to join in with and so look forward to meeting some fellow Ducati owners.
Cheers Tom

Hi Tom, I think I know the bike, lots going on near you!! We meet the last Wednesday of the month at San Marco, Italian on the A6 near Blackrod, other rides and events on locally and nationwide, hope to see you there.

[size=150]Welcome to the club and forum. Great bike you have there.[/size]

And welcome from me! Look forward to hearing more about your bike and maybe some pics?

Thanks for the welcome.
Not sure what time you meet at San Marcos but hopefully I’ll meet some of you there soon.
As soon as I work out how to post pics I,all put some up, but I’ve not worked that out yet as I can’t find the guide on the site.

There were instructions on how to post pictures in the “Desmo, Website and Forum” section but I have now added them as an announcement in that section so they are a little more obvious.

I think I’ve managed to post a picture - thanks for that Steve

Lovely bike, thanks for posting the pic :slight_smile:

Tom, I am sure you keep riding past my house !!! Belmont, very near the Black Dog pub !!

Yep that’s probably me. If I go for a short blast I quite often finish up going past the Black Dog and over the top of Rivington and end up having a brew at the bottom barn.
Yesterday I just went home after a 260 mile ride over the Honister Pass.

Another nice pic! :slight_smile:

Will meet up with you sometime, route sounds good, get booked for Nrthern Ducati week end in Cartmel