Honister Pass Cumbria

Here’s one I did yesterday.
Had a nice 260 mile ride around the Lake District yesterday which included: Coniston, Thirlmere, Crummock Water, Buttermere, Derwent Water and Windermere. Via Honister Pass. Cracking day for it.

Excellent! Sounds a great route

It’s a great route with various roads, which are slow to fast (within the legal limits of course).
Head out from Windermere south on the A592 and pick up the A590, take a right onto A5092 through to Torver and then Right onto A593. (Optional: take the Lake road on the right just before the petrol station (which is handy). Go down to the lake side and have a brew/snack. Plus free parking for bikes). Back on A593 to Ambleside, left onto A591 to Kaswick, then you can either pose through Keswick or just hit the A66 and turn left for a short distance till you reach the B5292 on the left which takes you over the Whinlatter pass. Kepp your eye out for the B5289 and turn left onto it and this will take you all the way back to Keswick via Buttermere, honister Pass and Borrowdale.

[size=150]Sounds a great route, I’ll have to come up and try it one day. Last time I was in the lake district was 35 years ago![/size]

I’d be happy to put you up (even if it’s a camp bed), if your up this way for a blast around the Lakes.