Just Joined

Hi, have just joined, my past bikes have been several Dukes, 750, 748, 916, and at the present I am riding a yami R6, and rebuilding two 250 single ducatis one road and one custome race. I live in Devon and would like to possibly meet someone with the same interest.
Also I need to find out how to authenticate my 250s for build date Reg can ya help.
Regards Ron :laughing:

Welcome to the site you have experts down your way and Iā€™m sure they will be along soon. We have a club member who will sort that out for you all info in Desmo mag.

Cheshire Cat
aka Steve R the northern ish version

Hi Ron,

Are you going to race it or do it as a cafe racer for the road?

I race a widecase MkIII 250.
Iā€™m no expert but if I can help then just ask.

Good to have you in the club.

Cheers,

Roger

Hi Roger, I will be using my 250 as a cafe racer for the road but need to get it reg related for the DVLA. Donā€™t want a Q plate. Thanks for your reply hope someone can help. Have the correct engine and frame numbers but need someone to authenticate it for the Authorities before I can register it.
Again thanks R.G.Reeve

Thanks for your reply Cheshire will see wat repls I get in the near future
Regards RON

Hi Ron,
Welcome to the site and club??
Iā€™m down in S.E. Cornwall/Kernow as Mrs R calls it, sheā€™m being a pointy head!
Iā€™m slowly rebuilding a '74 250 Desmo Disc, I bought it as a runner but it was very shabby although about 90% original. It came already fitted with a rubber mounted 30mm Mk1 Amal (now smoothed bored to 32mm) and a gas flowed head by John Smith a well known tuner from around 30 years ago, now converted to 900 Desmo helper springs by Tony Brancato.
So far Iā€™ve spent a small fortune on stainless steel parts, new Rita ignition system, 12V conversion, carb conversion, head conversion, period Lucas headlamp which accepts a Halogen bulb, rebuilt wheels with S/steel spokes and new front flanged rim.
Iā€™m going to make my own loom as I was very pleased with the one I made for my ā€˜79 900SS.
Iā€™m going to rebuild the bottom end, so that everything is fresh when it hits the road, I quite fancy converting it to 350 and have been looking for a cheap motor or complete Mk3 or Condor for some time to cannibalise for the crank flywheels, barrel and bevelsā€¦
The only way to tell that this modā€™s been carried out is to count the fins on the barrel as the 350 item has one extra fin! Iā€™ve seen lots of fast ā€œ250ā€™sā€ that are really a 350cc.
As I said the rebuilds going slowly as cash is a bit short and I have a few other Ducati projects on the go, I own 4 Dukes incā€™ the 250ā€¦
Apart from the odd ride the 250ā€™s intended for my wife Ness to ride, as at 6ft tall even my 900 bevel cripples me these days Iā€™m 51 now.
Are the motors on your bikes standard? Do you carry out your own engine work?
I hope to meet up with you at some time.

Steve R The real version not that Northern imposter! :wink:

Hello Ron.
Welcome to the club.
See you around I hope.
Kevin.

Ron
Welcome to the club and friends in cyber spaceā€¦
Im sure youll enjoy it,just watch out for the northern Mr Steve R and all his crew :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I always say you get out of it what you put into the club so !!!
Cheers Timbo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
851 907 999
The Wirral a great place to live

:question: Hi thanks to everyone that replied, but I am still no closure to registering my re-built 250, who can authenticate my bike by its ser nos as prof of manufactures year, for the DVLA.As previosly mentioned I want a re-lated reg plate. Please point me in the right direction

Hi Ron,

Iā€™m sure the Club has a dating officer (no, not THAT kind of dating, as far as I know); but if not, the VMCC will do it for you.

Go vmcc.net/ and look under Services, DVLA.

(Iā€™ve just had my newly acquired Vento registered in the UK for the first time ā€¦)

HTH

Craig
SSD
SCR
Vento

From the ā€˜memberzoneā€™ page on the DOC website, thereā€™s a specific link to the machine dating page:
http://www.docgb.org/memberzone/dating.htm
This has details of what you need to provide and an e-mail address to send your queries to.
Other pages in the ā€˜memberzoneā€™ include tool hire, technical literature, etc, etc. Lots of useful stuff - have a look.

The e-mail address for dating is also listed in the front of the Desmo mag if I remember right, in with the other committee members contact details.

Cheers,

Roger