leaky fuel tank

My 2001 m900ie fuel tank has sprung a leak, a pin hole at the rear left side, the lowest point when its on the side stand.
I am assuming that it has rotted out, a bit poor as its less than 10 years old but I supose they are paper thin these days.
Any way not wanting to buy a new tank I was going to have a go at sealing it up with one of the resin tank sealers, the one that has a stand at Stafford in the small autojumble hall probably.
Anyone done this on an injected bike before, I know there are lots of things to get out of the tank first and things not to block up but any advice would be welcome.
Regards,
Colin.

Hi
I have done this to my 900ssie, but I used the tank repair kit from Frost the cost is £33.00, and the site is frost.co.uk.

The thing is it was not the tank but the rubber seal for the low fuel censor that was leaking.

Thanks for that, did you use all the treatments in the kit or just the sealer ?
It sounds like it might damage the paintwork if you get any sealer on it, I was assuming that I would need to take the fuel sensor out but block up the hole and cover any threads.
Regards,
Colin.

Hi
Sorry about that but is looks as if my post did not get through.

Right first of all I used all of the kit; you must remove all the gear that is inside the tank, as they will not work if they get covered with the sealer, as for filling the outlets I used an old sponge and gaff tape, I also covered the tank in a bin liner to stop any sealer getting onto it, in all it took me nine days from start to finish,

Thanks, I feel more confident in having a go now, I got all the bits out of the tank today (including a loose and rusty crimp on rubber hose clip that appears to have no use!) and can now see the rusty patch in the bottom corner of the tank.
From reading various bits on the web it sounds as if it is worth spending plenty of time on protecting the paintwork from the various cleaners and rust removers that the kits contain.
I have also been told that the cause of the rust is leaving the bike stood with the tank part full, the condesation that forms ends up in the lowest part of the tank so it may well be worth checking if you are a fine weather rider like me, but be ready with the funnel and a jerry can if you find any tiny blisters in the paint!
regards,
Colin.