M696 Swingarm in 750SS

Hello fellow Ducasistas I was wondering if anyone knows if the swingarm from a M696 would fit the engine width of a 750SS?

I am building a 2002 750 from the ground up. I have stripped the bike back to the frame and engine and I wanted to modernise it a bit. I have some bits and pieces to enable me to do this and I LOVE the shape of the 2014 onwards swing arm and I’d like to include it in my build.
I am guessing, as the two valve engines are pretty much unchanged if the axle width for the engines are the same or very close (with some shims)?

If need be I can get an axle machined if needs be and as far as the modifications to the frame to offset the shock I am sure I could get a shop to do that as I will probably be taking the frame in to be strengthened at the front and blasted then powder coated anyway.

Thanks in advance.

I think anything can be made to fit, there may have been some modernisation ove the years but most things have been tried.

I have found out that the 750 has a pivot length of 172mm, just need to find out the lengths of each and the pivot length of the M696.

Well, I have gotten myself a 696 swingarm and it fits as far as the following:
engine gap width, pivot spindle fits in terms of diameter and length, rear wheel spindle diameter and width.
The pivot point to wheel spindle is slightly longer and the upper rear shock joint will need to be moved on the frame, which I’d anticipated, but I think it could be a good looking mod.
I’ll post pix when I get around to finishing painting the engine.

I’m looking forward to seeing how you get along with this mod’.

Steve R