My first Ducati.....a 2001 748s

Picked up at the very end of June. 14850miler, standard apart from some stubby levers and the number board. Paid £2600.
I’ll add to this as the mods come along :slight_smile:
These pics were taken from the original advert, so some people may recognise them.

very pretty!

Thank you :slight_smile:

So far Ive…
Replaced the clutch (first dry clutch bike…ten minute job, love it!)
Replaced tyres (battleaxe r10r rear and battleaxe bt003 front both medium compound)…although these will soon be changed again as Im ripping through them really quickly :-/
Set up suspension following an old Performance Bike mag guide for the 996…transformed it (it had been lowerd before…was dangerous imo)
Carbon heel plates
Carbon tank protector
Race filler cap…saves important seconds when at my local Esso station lol
Replaced clogged up airfilters with Pipercross, in the runners.
Opened up the intakes by trimming back 10mm and using a coarser mesh (painted gold to match)
Ebay sweat bands for the ressy’s
Small plate
Mini rear indicators (kinda went period with the mini indicator design…didnt think the modern designs suited…just personal opinion)…23w so they flash correctly.
Ebay tail peice decal. I think these were more intended for the 916? But I just wanted to break up the red a little.
A&R Motorsport baffle kit from Texas, USA. Best mod for the bike so far. Cost me £62, and gave the bike a voice. Straight through perforated tubes with mounting plates and Vance & Hines packing. Sounds nice and deep…looks standard.

20140815_184821.jpg
20140815_184843.jpg
20140815_184902.jpg

20140815_184722.jpg
20140815_184806.jpg
20140815_184810.jpg

20140815_184705.jpg
The Pipercross sticker on the runner is to hide a hole from a previous immobiliser…it’ll do for now.

I got an 965014AAA eprom, dropped it in and set co to around 4.5-5% but tbh it ran like crap :cry: Any idea’s? Top end feels fine, as is idle…it’s just mid range thats ruined. I dropped the standard eprom back in and reset the co…rides nice, but has the very occasional sneeze come back through the intake.
Plans for winter are a complete strip down, media blast frame and wheels prior to paint (anyone know a close paint code?), sevice engine including belts. Then just a tarty cnc machine clutch cover and anodised pressure plate etc.

Sounds like you got the bug bad, you will have a second Duke soon. W?hat area are you from for the painting.

That reg plate pic looks terrible…it’s not that wonky in the flesh, all looks misaligned there.

Im in Derby…just need a paint code though. If no one has found a close match, then no worries I’ll sort it my self and add the details to here afterwards :slight_smile:
The thing thats really letting the bike down at present is the condition of the rear coil spring…pitted and corroded. That’s gotta be sorted asap.

This is what I did to the intake. It matches up to the runner size a little better now.

Sorry about some of the picture sizes. I took these with my phone prior to joining here, and I cant work out how to resize them so the forums own up loader will accept them, hence using photobucket for the odd pic.