New Member - Derbyshire Dales

Hi, I’m new to this forum and have returned to Ducati ownership after a 3 year gap. I have just acquired a 1981 Pantah 500 sl in race trim. The motor is a bit rattly so I’m thinking of a winter strip down and rebuild. Oh joy! Not what I wanted to do this winter.
I’ve had bikes for over 35 years, BSA, Norton, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, Triumph and of course Ducati. My last 2 Ducatis were a 750 Sport and a Paul Smart 1000le. I used to work in the service department of a large motorcycle dealers so I’ve been around loads of bikes for a long time.
Stay safe everyone and happy riding

Hello, be nice to see that out and about, we get over that way from Manchester quite a bit

Hi Martyn, let me know when you’re riding this way and I’ll try and get the Ducati out

Hi, fellow Ducati and classic bike race nut located in Chapel-en-le-Frith. Sounds like an interesting project. Can recommned the Darly Moor club test days when you want to give the Pantah a run. Phil

Hi Phil, thanks for the tip. The bike is an early Pantah and has a lot of road gear still attached. It’s not really been set up for racing as the usual modifications haven’t been done to either the motor or the frame/running gear. It’s a road bike masquerading as a race bike. Very pretty and slightly pretentious livery! If I was going to race/parade it, I would have to spend quite a bit of time and money on it to get it anything like.

Would be fine for a parade, or one of the test days I’m sure. Warning though, once you put it on track you’ll contract the racing bug…the only cure for which is bankruptcy.

I’ve so far managed to resist the temptation for the last 40 years of riding :joy:
Absolutely love the classic racing scene though!

v nice. we need more pics like this on here…