Replacement ignition for 900SS

As I am having some trouble with the ignition system, and frankly its about time I rewired her, now might be the time to upgrade the old girl. Does anyone have any experience of these German systems. Are they worth the expense?

kaemna.de/cms_en/katalog.htm … e&seite=69

Keef

No, sorry Keith, but I know Paul Klakiewicz (DTS) has fitted some, so he might sell them, but I can’t remember whether he thought they were any good, you could be cheeky and ask him?

Hold the presses. The good blokes at Electrex UK http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/ducati-1259-0.html have just released pickups for bevel twins.

Spoke to them at the Shepton Mallet Show about it. They make great products at good prices and speak a passable version of English. So before anything else you might want to give them a bell.

Bob

Just saw it pointed out that the resistance on the Elextrex units are about double that of the original Bosch items. Not sure what that means. All I know is I get enough resistance in my life.

They’re good guys at Electrex; probably a good idea to have a chat before ordering to see if other components (eg, coils, ballast resistors, etc) need tweaking. Ask if they make flux capacitors!

“If I install a flux capacitor on my bevel and go 88mph will I go Back to the Future?”

Bob

A few years ago I fished a bit of broken PCB board out of a skip and went to the stores at work, telling the storeman it was a flux capacitor off a class 165 (thats a train BTW). He fell for it hook lone and sinker and spent many hours phoning round half the depos in the country trying to find one.

Happy days!

Keef. :stuck_out_tongue: