Ruth Hadley (RIP)

As some of you are aware, two years ago I re-connected with my former wife, Ruth, and she moved in with me in October last year.
In January she was diagnosed with cancer for the second time, and after an operation and chemotherapy treatment she seemed to be making a good recovery. So much so that we were able to go to the TT together on the bike in June, when she was feeling better than she had for a long time.
Unfortunately, the symptoms came back with a vengeance in July, and despite three weeks of daily treatment, and then resuming chemo, there was no stopping it.
Ruth went into hospital on Friday of last week, and on Wednesday she was declared terminal with no more than a few days to live. I have been more or less a fixture at the hospital since last Friday, during which last minute attempts to re-marry failed as by then she was too ill to respond to the Chaplain.
Ruth passed away at 6:30 am yesterday, 4th September. Had we remained married, next Tuesday would have been our 25th wedding anniversary, but we never got to “celebrate” it.
I know she will not be familiar to all DOC members, but many of the longer term members will know Ruth well from years past. All I would ask for is a little prayer for Ruth before you go to bed tonight.

Very sadly yours
Dave Knight (Spaggy)

I am sorry to hear such sad news. I met Ruth when you were over for the TT and she was a lovely lady.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Steve

Thank you to all who have sent emails, texts, or phoned with sympathy, support and best wishes following the passing away of Ruth, my fiancee, ex-wife, and soulmate.
I hope to see you at the funeral, but you may want to visit the page I have set up on JustGiving beforehand.
There are two charities Ruth cared about and supported, so separate pages have been created to make donations to:
MacMillan Cancer Support - at justgiving.com/remember/146067/Ruth-Hadley
and St Giles Hospice, Whittington - at justgiving.com/remember/146065/Ruth-Hadley
I personally thank you in advance for any donations made in her memory.

very sorry to hear your sad news, Spaggy, unfortunately I won’t be able to attend Ruth’s Funeral. Please accept condolences from me and my family to you, your family and all Ruth’s many friends.
I note that McMillan Cancer Support was one of Ruth’s favoured charities, I will try to organise a coffee morning and donate the money in Ruth’s memory.

[size=150]So sorry to hear your sad new Spaggy, my thoughts are with you and your family.[/size]