Solar Trickle Chargers

Hi there,

I’m struggling to keep my battery charged up as I have no power in the lock-up. It’s a 2022 Multistrada V2S fitted with a tracker. Presumably the tracker is an issue but I want to keep it.

I’m thinking a solar trickle charger may be the solution, though it’s location is not ideal for the sun - will only get a few hours a day in winter. Anyone out there had success with these ?

Can you run a trickle charger from a decent battery source ? Can’t see anything out there suggesting this is possible/commercial.

All help appreciated…thanks…Stuart.

I have a simialr problem with regard to electricity in my garage, lucky enough to have one with a flat. Last winter i used an Oxford Solariser and it did a good job of keeping a battery charged over winter on my old 800SS. I don’t know how it would cope with a tracker drawing current at the same time, I must admit. For how much they cost it’s worth taking a chance as far as I’m concerned. The only complaint I have with the Oxford panel is it has a different connector to their battery charger. It was easy enough to change the connectors to the extension I bought so as not to cut the wiring on the actual panel.