Special Award for Merlin Rally Organisers

In view of the 10 years worth of hard work and effort that Tony and Sian James and Paul Leeke have put into making the Merlin Rally such an enjoyable event I would like to propose that the club makes a special award of some sort to them. Could you all let me know if you are in favour or not ASAP.

Chris

[size=150]Most deserved I think, for outstanding work done to premote the club. I agree.

Guy[/size]

I also agree and depending on what it is I will take it down to them.

[size=150]I also agree[/size]
Haveing done it for 10yrs they all deserve it. :smiley:

Alternatively they could receive their presentation at the Southern Rally in September.

Chris

It’s a shame it’s never been a DOC GB Rally (the organisers prefered to have the input from the Merlin Ducati dealers originally). By all means they deserve some recognition :slight_smile:

So, if the consensus is that they do deserve an award, the next question is what form should the award take? Any thoughts?

Chris

I have priced up glass tropies with the club logo on them and an engraved plaque. They will come out at £22-£23 each all in. Is everyone in agreement that I get two, one for Tony and Sian and one for Paul? Next question is, does anyone know how to spell Paul’s surname is it Leek, Leeke, Leak(!)

If I can ask you to reply fairly promptly I can get the ball rolling on this one in time to present them at the Southern Rally. I’m away from the middle of August for two weeks so I need to move quickly.

Cheers,

Chris

As far as I know, it’s Leeke. Price sounds good, well done, and have a great holiday!

All the foregoing seems good to me. I think they deserve it, and should be persuded to stay on if possible.

Sounds good to me.

FYI Tony and Sian and Paul Leeke were presented with their awards at the Southern Rally this weekend.

Chris