Tom Tom rider

Hi All,

I have purchased a Tom Tom rider to mount on my Multistrada, can you please point me to the right power supplier on my motorbike to have the wire connected? I wish not connect it to the battery.

Thanks

Carmine

Hello Carmine.
Which Multistrada is it?
On my 2010 there is a 2 pin white socket under the covers on the left hand side of the tank, which is where the Ducati kit connects to, if it’s the 2010 model I’ll find the details and photos out for you.
Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you very much for you reply.

My MTS is a class 2010.

I will wait for your pict and I will looking for the 2 pin white socket to connect the power for the SatNav.
Thank you again.

Carmine

Hello Carmine.
I have found the photos out, they are a bit out of focus but you should be able to make out where the socket is and what it looks like.
It’s a 2 pin white Female (I think) socket on the wiring loom on the left hand side, it is the actual one that is meant for the factory Sat Nav kit, so it goes on and off with the ignition.
I didn’t want to cut this socket off, so I found a matching plug with flying leads attached, then I bought a cigarette lighter socket with a flying lead (as I just used a car sat nav in a cover), from eBay and using some through crimps and some heat shrink connected the 2 together, I then routed the cable to the bars, looped it around the clock and loosely attached it to the top yolk.
I can’t find the receipt for the white JST plug with leads, and I can’t now find out where I got it from.
This is the 2 way JWPF plug & socket (made by JST Japan)
http://kojaycat.co.uk/epages/950000457.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000457/Products/DUC-WHT-INDI-CONN
I used these to join the 2 cables

http://kojaycat.co.uk/epages/950000457.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000457/Products/Heat-ShrinkButt-Red
And the socket was something like this.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2M-Car-Cigarette-Cigar-Lighter-12V-DC-Extension-Cable-Socket-Lead-Cord-Adapter-/281903996743?hash=item41a2c99f47:g:clsAAOSwFqJWj5bp
[attachment=1]2011-03-25 001.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]2011-03-25 002.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]2011-03-25 012.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]2011-03-25 014.jpg[/attachment]

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your help on this.

Finally, I have received today the last item to finish to build the satnav on my MTS.

I have bought 2 way JWPF plug & socket as you suggested from RS components and a RAM B 367U.

[attachment=1]DSC_1081.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]RAM.png[/attachment]

As you said, I found the connection on the left hand side of my MTS made the connection with the JWPF and screw the RAM in to my handle bar.
I have attached some pictures for the JWPF, RAM and the final product.

[attachment=2]DSC_1079.png[/attachment]

I hope that will help all the Ducatisti :slight_smile:

Thanks
Carmine

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your help on this.

Finally, I have received today the last item to finish to build the satnav on my MTS.

I have bought 2 way JWPF plug & socket as you suggested from RS components and a RAM B 367U.

[attachment=0]DSC_1081.png[/attachment]
[attachment=2]RAM.png[/attachment]

As you said, I found the connection on the left hand side of my MTS made the connection with the JWPF and screw the RAM in to my handle bar.
I have attached some pictures for the JWPF, RAM and the final product.

[attachment=1]DSC_1079.png[/attachment]

I hope that will help all the Ducatisti :slight_smile:

Thanks
Carmine

Glad to be of help, is it all working now?
Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

All is in working order :slight_smile:

Riding all year on different routes and enjoy my driving :slight_smile: