• 1950 > 1959
  • 1960 > 1969
  • 1970 > 1979
  • 1980 > 1989
  • 1990 > 1999
  • 2000 > 2009
  • 2010 > 2012

0 voters

Throughout the years Ducati has produced some awesome and, if we are honest, some not so awesome bikes.

In your opinion which decade was their best?

Please vote in the poll and if you want to add some other thoughts add a post !!

Hi,

I love the bevel drive bikes the best of these being those made in the 70’s*, but voted for the 90’s because that’s when the WSB dominance started,
with Ducati dragging itself into the modern world 1st with the 851 then 888, 955 through to the 996 race bikes.

*I own a '74 250 “Yellow” Desmo, '79 900SS, '91 851/888cc and a tuned '92 851/916cc (996 on steroids!) all of them are real head turners, great to ride, real classics and pretty rare to see on the road these days.
The 748/916/996’s were as common as muck, 749/999’s were just plain Fugly, the 848/1098’s onwards look like any Jap bike, after the 888’s all of them have lost that raw edge that the old Ducati’s had in spades.

Steve R

It’s a difficult one, I love the 90’s but went for now, what a line up in current range, one of each please

1970’s gets my pick

couldn’t afford one then and still can’t afford one now

I bought a 70’s loved it then still love it now. 60’s are favs at the moment but got a few 80’s also. as for the modern one’s well ? My 999 has just become a modern classic so cheaper insurance. Happy days

a difficult choice! :slight_smile:

I do have a few Duc’s in the collection but ya know what ???
Love the 851 the best Yeeeeeaaahhhh ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
So its got to be the 1990’s for me
Cheers Timbo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think the last few years have seen some of the best bikes, reliable, fast, desirable, and leading the world in use of the latest tech.
But… I do still love low tech Bevels and Monsters.
Kevin.

90s for me, that’s when my affliction began.
Have only owned Ducatis from that era, 5 in total, still have 3 of them, and given the opportunity and shed space I would buy an 888 next.
The bevels are a bit like British bikes to me, nice to look at, but before my time, and not sure I want to ride one.
The newer stuff doesn’t look as good as the 90s range, the 848, 1098, 1198 and 1199 are way in excess of my capabilities and would be wasted on me if I could afford one.
I’m not yet old or infirm enough to want a Monster or Mutli, but I am having a shoulder operation this friday and will suffer another birthday before the end of the month, so I may have to retract this comment next year.

For me it has got to be the 90’s. the first time I saw the 916 I couldn’t stop staring at it. I couldn’t believe a bike could be that gorgeous. It was and still is a work of art IMHO. Sits alongside an e type in design terms. :smiley:

gotta be 90’s :smiley:
everyone knows what came out then, that iconic shaped beauty.
916 :smiley:
also the monsters.

90s for me too, 916 set the benchmark and a beautifull bike to look at then and now and great sound and ride, and maybe without the 916 ducati might well not have prospered as it did?

Although I have owned Ducati’s from the 1950s, 60’s 80’s and 90’s. The period I admire the most was the Castiglioni period. From the mess of near extingtion of the early 1980’s the brothers brought Ducati up to what it is now.
OK if the catagory was there I would have voted Mid '80’s to mid 90’s.

90s for me. When I first saw the original 900 Monster it was something special to me. Open pipes and a tank like the shoulders of a big cat. The 916 was obviously a looker when it came out, words failed me for describing it back then. I have been off the forum and out of the club for years, but my old 95 Monster has stayed with me, albeit modified quite a lot. Somewhere in the garage I have the 2 ashtrays it won at the TT meet back when it was at the Waterfall. For me, the 90s was a special time for Ducati, even if their finances were tied up in knots and cagiva elephants ended up all over the Dukes for a while. Being an old git and loving the 916 shape so much I eventually bit the bullet and bought a 2001 996, but as the shape is so 90’s the vote stayed as it was.

Another vote here for the 90’s :smiley:
My first big bike was a 1989 750 sport. I couldn’t afford an 851/888 but thought I would hopefully afford a 900ss (it never happened). Then came the 916, I couldn’t believe how beautiful this bike looked and my heart was sold on getting one someday. This seemed as likely as buying a Ferrari!
The dream came true 2 years back after an 18 year wait! ‘All good things come to those that…’ :laughing:

hi Duchy, hope you’re enjoying the 916 stories in Desmo - feel free to contribute!

1980’s for me, and the proper arrival of the belt drive motors. Yes I know the Pantah was released in the late 70’s, but only just :wink: