Mailing list.... still operational?

There are many yahoo-derivative email services/providers. Btinternet is probably the best-known here but there are plenty of others, including ymail, which is free - as are other yahoo addresses. Since I’ve only used yahoo-derived addys on Yahoo lists it’s not been a problem.

Could be the confusion (and I’m one of them) comes from the other direction: I seem to remember that free email list providers such as micapeak (bevelheads and pantaheads apply to us lot) had to ask members not to use yahoo and AOL accounts because those guys wanted fees to forward list messages. So if I got it backwards, a billion pardons. Still, we should let the guys making the effort get on with it.

Bob

Since the demise of the old email list, which clashed somewhat badly with a spam filter, it’s been a bit hit and miss.
However, I am now doing final tests on a new version, which should be available within the next week or so. :smiley: If possible I will let all the old list members know individually, but will also post progress here, so keep watching.

Great news. As a ‘push’ tool an email list is a great resource. Martyn and I have been talking about using one to good effect when announcing Club events, etc. Some stuff I receive from other clubs I monitor (“Keep your friends close” says Martyn in hushed tones) is pretty impressive and certainly useful.

The world seems to have moved to a place where people don’t believe anything unless they read it in their inbox.

Bob

Yes, excellent news, there’s so many events that we (the club) get invited to, but we can’t spread the word quick enough via Desmo and the website - an email list is sooooooo much better in that respect :slight_smile:

It would be very handy if the COM members could please try out the new set-up before launch then. I would like some feedback before I let it loose on the general public!

I replied …

I believe the email list will again be operational by the weekend.
I will notify the “live” status here.

Cheers

Hurrah :slight_smile:

Re - The DOC Email List

OK folks, the wait is over! :slight_smile:

After several months of intermittent service, I am pleased to advise you that the list has been resurrected as a new service.
Regrettably, we could not get any new version of the old list to work reliably, so this is a brand new one starting from scratch.
To get involved again, please log in to the docgb.org Memberzone, and go to the “Email list” page. From there it is a simple sign-up process and you’re off and running again.

See you all in cyberspace…